Monday, June 23, 2008

taco tikki hut

so after listening to funplex from the B-52's I said lemme think of all the things that B-52 could relate to.....so where else did I turn to but the worlds premier academic source, the stop shop for all, answers any question in a few seconds......wikipedia (with heavenly music, signifying it as the holy grail).

so after checking wikipedia I realized that I was only able to think about 3 out of the 4 possible meanings, not bad (I hope this doesn't make me freaky now in your opinion). so I knew about the band which might I use this opportunity to add is really fly, everyone should get one song from them, even if it is funplex (mind you I only have one song...funplex, therefore here is my personal disclaimer on all other songs), but the band appears to be a classic having started singing long before my birth in the 70's. It's really a surprise they are still allowed to produce music, but hey who's stopping U2 or Motley Crue (they're 80's I think), hopefully you get my point

after that came the next best thing I thought, the B-52 shooter......never had one personally but I have seen pictures of them and seen them prepared before my eyes. wish I could say I saw what they can do (with that tone of impending deathly potency) but I cant so I guess that they are a precursor to something a bit more deathly......perhaps tequila (nawwww)......maybe Bacardi (well there is a novel thought)...or a flaming B52 (maybe that is the where the name came from). so speaking of deadly, BAMM (with that Emeril voice) here is the next B-52, the B-52 bomber. a huge plane by most proportions (even Snoop Doggie Dawg's) that the US military used to bomb their enemies (presumably, I would hate to think they are bombing their allies). most of them are retired now and laying in a desert, after years of meritorious service at war (I mean the planes of course, not the allies).

Lastly, I would say the strangest of the B-52 bunch...... the B52 hairstyle, that's right there is a hairstyle that is named B-52.  this hairstyle also referred to as the beehive, is one of the strangest as apparently it got its name from the aircraft.  I guess the most popular people seen sporting this hairstyle would have to undoubtedly be Marge Simpson (perhaps Marge is more known for her BLUE hair as opposed to beehive style though) and Amy Winehouse (who might well be known for her drug use, fainting spells, run ins with the law or even maybe just maybe her sultry singing)

......and so from one pretty old band which has a great song, I managed to trump up quite a bit of discourse

No comments: