Thursday, June 19, 2008

Its been a good month for music

 

after having 3 killer playlists for the past 3 weeks I think that June is like the month for music....... let's see we had the release of the Fratellis album, NERD, Coldplay and so many hot singles and releases that it is redefining my musical experience (not mention several other experience for me). to start with the most personally anticipated of the bunch for me the Fratellis album.....this was far from a disappointment, it had the usual pop hippy songs (just like The Wombats) that I had come to fall so in love with (their like soundtracks for life). particularly my favourite has come to be Mistress Mabel which happened to be their first single and the one that I have been listening to longest....but next to that absolutely smoking hit has to be songs like Acid Jazz Singer, Tell Me a Lie and Milk and Honey.  so the next album that was had a few songs on the past few playlists was Viva la Vida, a really good album or so I am told but I have to admit the actual song Viva la Vida got an amazing 14 plays in the one week it was on the playlist (of near Green Day proportions) however, Violet Hill which was equally as good made it on the weekly playlist about two weeks prior to that. NERD the unexpected lot in the whole bunch were a pleasant surprise with my absolute favourite on that album being a spunky, sorta edgy groove called Time for Some Action.....which its intro puts me starkly in mind of Longview by Green Day. 

No comments: